This week we welcomed Chris, Denise, Jake, and Jennie from Symetra to come speak about their company and their data analytics division! We learned about some of the projects they work on, the challenges they face, and the best things about working at Symetra.
Symetra is looking for interns this summer! You can learn more and apply here:
For this week’s workshop, we went over the data science realm in general and talked about various tools leveraged by data scientists and analysts. Please see below for a summary of the workshop and link to the slides!
Covered in Workshop:
- Debuted a sleek new look for our slides and logo!
- Discussed our club’s purpose
- Overview of various aggregated resources
- The data science profession and their toolset
- Overview of data visualization
- Shared student projects (links on slides)
- Discussed machine setup steps
- Went over basic R syntax & Dplyr package